Spirit of the Lights
Merryweather Inn is the new host of Marcia Hayles’ Spirit of the Lights display!
The display is filled with whimsy and many stories! Please be patient as I navigate the display in this setting. As I learn how the season goes this year, I will be making changes, if needed, time and weather permitting. It will get better and better each year ! I’m still repairing some items but just ran out of time!
You are welcome to walk through and enjoy! Please be careful! It is winter and it will be slippery. Please stay on the paths which are indicated by the green candy canes. I might not be there—but you are welcome to leave a note in the guestbook!
- Do not ring the doorbell. It disturbs the overnight guests. Only overnight guests are permitted in the house at this time.
- Tag us in your photos on instagram and facebook @merryweatherinn #merryweatherinn !
- Sign the guestbook—its in the little pink hut
- Letters to Santa are accepted in the green mail box on the little pink house to the right of the stairs. There are cookies in there too.
- Cookies and Cider or Cocoa— Friday, Saturday and Sundays.
Hours: Dark until about 10PM. December 1 until at least the first week of January.
Alternate side parking is available in front of the house on first Street and on 23rd Ave., East. Parking in the driveway is not permitted.
Please consider a donation! Donations help keep the lights on and the cookies stocked! We are also collection site and take donations for Healing Paws rescue Volunteer sign up and donation items may be left in the pink shed. Please don’t forget to leave your name and contact info attached so we can send a thank you!
We are in need of the following items:
- clear plastic storage boxes with lids
- pocket knives and blades
- cans of white spray paint
- spool of twisty ties
- strings of lights
- zip ties
- three way plugs
- extension cords
- ice luminaries
- penguin blow molds
- welder and electrician
We also donate and receive items for Healing Paws Rescue!
Their wish list:
- dog bowls
- puppy pads
- heart guard
- flea and tick prevention